“When I speak of writing, the image that comes first to my mind is not a novel, a poem, or a literary tradition; it is the person who shuts himself up in a room, sits down at a table, and alone, turns inward. Amid his shadows, he builds a new world with words.” –[...]
Stanice Anderson archive
Tag : quotes
“If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don’t remove it – I might be writing in my dreams.” (Terri Guillemets) – from Kendra Norman-Bellamy’s FB page FB has a million quotes a second being generated–I’m sure–at least! But sometimes I come across one that transports my mind and heart to another place. That happened[...]
- Wed 6/5/13 @ Noon – Celebration of Women Who Play Wright
- Expect the unexpected
- Water-Walkers’ Open Mic is back…
- Discovering Your Flow – #WOWZone Faith-Lift Show
- 5 BOOK PUBLISHERS FOR NONFICTION PROJECTS
- Spiritually Speaking #2: Surrender to Win
- Spiritually Speaking #1: Staying clean & sober MUST come first.
- HuffPost Blog: 10 Spiritual Ways to Get Through New Years Clean & Sober by Stanice Anderson
- from Lost Poetry Found Collection by Stanice Anderson
- Unforgettable Gifts for the Heart & Soul
#addictionExpert#HuffPost#HuffPostBlogger#HuffPostRelig12-step12-steps12step40 Acres700 Clubabortionaddictaddictionadviceafrican-americansalcoholAlicia Keysamazon.comameAnacostiaangerArinTuckerarticleartisticartsAunt ShirleyAuroraauthorawarenessbalancebaptistBaseBatmanbeautyBelgian newsbeliefsbelievebelieversBerbersBill BurnsBillie Holidayblack churchBlack Enterpriseblogbook contactsbooksbooksigningbreakthroughBrian BladeButchieBVXcareerCarol MackeychangechatchildrenchoreopoemChristianchristian livingchristiansChristmaschurchClassesCleoColor Me ButterflyColored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is EnufcomfortcommunicationcommunityconfessioncreativitycrossroadsDamaris HilldancedaughterDavid SanbornDCdeathDeborah BaldwindecisiondeliveranceDemond Peekaso PinderdenialdenominationsdepressiondevotionaldivorceDNAdomestic violencedoubtsdreamsdrugsdrumseBookebookseditoremotionsEncouragementenjoyessayEssential TheatreevangelicalexerciseexpressionfacebookfaithfamilyfavorFor Colored Girlsfreefree mixtapefreshfriendsfriendshipfunGermanyGil Scott HeronGina RydergirlsgloggerGodgovgracegrandchildrengrandkidsguardian angelsguidanceGulfhairhand danceHaplopgroupHarriette ColeHBOhealingHealthhealthyhealthy self-imagehelpheroinhispanic-americansHitlerhomosexualityhonestyhopeHuffington PosthumorhurricanehurtI Can't Turn Back NowI Say A Prayer For MeI Say A Prayer For Me TO GOimaginationinspirationinspireJ. California CooperJ. PeriodJeanette JenkinsJesusJoe SamplejoyJoy JonesJoyce BurnetteJrKatrinaKeisha Hookskidneykidney donationkidsL.Y. Marlowlet goletterlifelife skillsLifeStoryLinda JoneslistenliteraturelivingloveLY MarlowMadeamagazineMail OnlinemallmarriageMarsha Burnsmass shootingMatthew 14:31Medeameetingmemoirmemoirsmental healthmessageMichael Jacksonmichal zoeMichal Zoe Tuckermid-life crisisMike TuckerMike Tucker JrmiraclesmixtapeMJMLKmothermotivationmoviemusicmusicianNAnarcoticsnarcotics anonymousNational Honorary ChairpersonNational Kidney Foundationnatural hairNaziNew OrleansnonfictionNorth AfricannovelistNsenga K. BurtonNtozake ShangeNyaTuckerobstaclesone-womanopportunityovercomeovercomingoverdosepainPatrice GainesPeekasoperformanceperseverePeterpianoPlanplaysplaywrightpoetrypost traumatic stressPotomac MillsPotomac Riverprayerpress conferencepromotionProphecyProphecy BulletinpropheticprotectionPsychiatric InstitutePTSpublisherspublishingQueen Latifahquotesraperecessionreconciliationrecouperationrecoveryrecovery MonthrecreationrelationshipsreligionresentmentresourcesrestorationreviewsRhonda McKnightRichard BonaRIPS. Robert MorgansalesSAMHSAsaving promisesaxsecretsself-esteemself-helpself_helpseparationSephardic JewsseriesSet It OffsexualitySharon Ewell FosterShout GloryShout Glory LLCSmooth JazzsongwritingspeakerSpike LeeSpiritspoken wordspokentrySt. Elizabeth HospitalStacy Hawkins AdamsStanice Andersonstatsstreaming faithstreamingfaithStreamingfaith.comstudysubmissionSupermansurgerysurrenderswimswimming lessonstalentsTamara HolmesTeachingtestimonythe artsThe RootThe Wiretheater.COtheatershootingtheatreTO GOTO GO SeriesTony AwardTrainertransitionstransparencytributetrustTucker3TweettweetsTwitterTyler PerryUKunemployedVictoryvideovolunteerWalking On WaterWashingtonwater-walkerwellnessWellness InitiativeWest AfricaWhitney Houstonwomenwomen issueswordworkWorkshopsWOWWOW ZoneWOWZonewriterWriter's MarketWriteShopswritingZane
- Wed 6/5/13 @ Noon – C… by trywalk1
- Expect the unexpected by trywalk1
THE TRUMPET by BILL BURNS: The Lord God Himself comes to be one with you. This visitation and that which comes in these days will be overwhelming to you when the fullness of it falls and invades your soul and your spirit. For, the Lord Himself desires to come to you in unexpected ways; in[...]
- Water-Walkers’ Open M… by trywalk1
Water-Walkers’ Talent Showcase (Interested is submitting? Include submission in body of email. Subject: OpenMic. No attachments, please.) The poem, The Golden Child” was submitted with the following note for its’ author and Water-Walker, La Toya Setique’ Green: “I wrote the first one about a young man that I’d met. He, at a young age[...]
- Discovering Your Flow ̵… by trywalk1
WOW Zone Faith-Lift Show with @Stanice Anderson, oldie but still goodie! Discovering Your Flow. I believe God will meet you within the words. Keep in mind, not live; so can’t call in or go to chat room. I’ll keep you posted on upcoming shows. Archived shows are still available for listening. Listen to internet radio[...]
- 5 BOOK PUBLISHERS FOR NONFI… by trywalk1
“I found the publisher for my first book, 12-Step Programs: A Resource Guide for Helping Professionals, in the Writer’s Market. I sent query letters and proposals to three publishers. All three asked to see the manuscript. All three offered to publish.” Stanice AndersonWritersMarket.com lists hundreds of book publishers for writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing[...]
- Spiritually Speaking #2: Su… by trywalk1
Spiritually Speaking #2: “We don’t have to be knocked out to surrender, if we allow God to guard our lives. We can practice daily surrendering our lives, cares and worries to God. We can welcome Him to provide the guidance and care that we don’t have to be without. this daily surrender is what[...]
- Spiritually Speaking #1: St… by trywalk1
Spiritually Speaking: “Staying clean & sober MUST come first. That’s loving God! Obeying & appreciating the gift of recovery. Relapse is a ticket back to the ‘Land of Nevers.’ With sustained recovery, a universe of possibilities is home.” Stanice Anderson
- HuffPost Blog: 10 Spiritual… by trywalk1
I appreciate you reading, sharing with your networks and commenting on my pieces. Hope is contagious! My passionate purpose is to spread it. Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
- from Lost Poetry Found Coll… by trywalk1
Love is Love is One Total aspect of your being finally uncovered, discovered, conquered. Love is Behind our masks of hate Our masks of jealousy Our masks of deceit. Love is you, Love is me. An epic left unproclaimed An hour left unmeasured. Love IS. © 1972 Stanice L. Anderson Poem from Lost Poetry Found[...]
- Unforgettable Gifts for the… by trywalk1
Purchase my books, eBooks, here through my Amazon Author’s Page. All books in one place. CD’s and T-shirts available on my website. Also consider booking Stanice and/or fellow performers for Black History Month (Feb); Women’s History Month; and Poetry Month. Her latest one-woman show, Billie Holiday & Me and/or Walking On Water When The[...]
- Dianne C. on Recovery LinksThank you for your support of NA phone meetings. Current listings of all phone meetings are available at http://naphonemeetings.blogspot.com
- matt on When I Speak of Writing…God helps me write :)
- trywalk1 on SAMHSA-Commissioned Origina…Thank you for taking the time to let me know you were positively impacted. Blessings galore!
- Mary Jo on SAMHSA-Commissioned Origina…I just read your poem, "I Can't Turn Back," on the SAMHSA website. It is inspirational and so very ...
- Anita Davis on Heroin Overdose and Died…Amazing... truly amazing!! This a true testimony of God's continuous blessings being bestowed upon you. I am ...
- Sistah Joy on Q&A: Self-Made Miracle…Congratulations! So very happy for you, Stanice. Rich rewards are so richly deserved.
- Judith Augustine on Sr Patsy Douglas reads my poemI really enjoyed hearing Sister Pat recite this poem. I met her in the late 1990's. I was ...
- Evan. Connie G. Fogg on Free Talk: Overcoming Addic…Thank you for being so willing to join us on the Show, We are One honored and two we know ...
- Willie B White on Introduction: Walking On Wa…Stance; My sister, a good read.
- Barbara Joe on Stanice chimes in on For Co…Stanice, I enjoyed your chiming. However, I don't think "Woman Thou Art Loosed" is a TP movie.